Last Week's Sermon
Children & Youth
At UPC, our congregation, lay leaders, and pastors seek to honor our baptismal vows to nurture children in their Christian faith by:
- Helping children know God’s love and grace through worship, creative learning and fellowship events;
- Encouraging children to ask faith questions;
- Developing a love of the Scriptures with our children;
- Guiding our children in exploring ways to serve God.
We strive to provide God’s children with the faithful building blocks for their lives. Children are actively engaged in all aspects of our Christian community, including:
- Worship – Children actively participate in the main worship service, Children’s Sermons, and Bridge to Worship. Please click here to read more about Worshiping with Children, along with helpful hints for Parents.
- Education – Starts in the home and extends through active participation in Sunday morning classes which begin at 9:30 a.m. See the church calendar for further details.
- Music – Music is a great way for kids to hear stories and learn about the grace of God. UPC is formulating plans for a new children’s music ministry beginning fall 2015.
Please call or email Associate Pastor John Leedy, for more information.
Through God’s grace, the youth ministry of University Presbyterian Church reaches out to youth by providing a loving, consistent, and safe environment, and by guiding youth in growth and exploration of their Christian relationship with God, one another, the church, and the community through fellowship, mission, and study.
All youth in grades 6 through 12 are welcome to join us.
Please call or e-mail John Leedy, Associate Pastor of Youth, for more information.
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Sunday School:
Grades 6-8 meet in Room 202
Grades 9-12 meet in the Youth Room (Room 212)
View the church calendar for current event information.
Download the Youth Release Form (PDF).